Monday, February 25, 2008

Cai Guo-Qiang at the Gugg

February 23rd 2008

On Saturday my friend artist Deanne Cheuk ( who also designs textile prints for my label) invited me to go the dinner at the Guggenheim to celebrate the opening of the Chinese artist Cai Guo-Qiang's retrospective "I Want to Believe"...


Inopportune: Stage 1. Wow! The exploding car tumbling through the Guggenheim's central space is spectacular.


Me with the artist Cai Guo-Qiang.


Oo Tiger!


Deanne, wearing one of my dresses from Spring in her Feather Oasis print, with me.


This installation is loosely based on a Chinese folk tale of a man eating Tiger. Hold on to you horses Paud!


One of Cai's beautiful gunpowder paintings, which he's really known best for.


Me and a ring of fire.


I loved this...99 wolves ( well really goats in wolves clothing)


Jeff Ng who started the successful Reed Space on the LES.


Michelle Ho, who's father- in - law Robert H.N.Ho's foundation made the whole exhibition possible with Jihae, co-founder of the Asian magazine Theme.


Aoife ( those Irish names!) from V magazine with Deanne at dinner.


Paud and me.


The amazing view of the show view from the top of the Rotunda.